If the timestamp displayed for incoming messages is incorrect, the time or time zone configured on your phone is most likely incorrect.To fix this, we recommend setting your date and time to "Automatic" or "Network Provided." With this setting enabled, your mobile provider will set your phone to the correct time. If the incorrect time is displayed even with this setting enabled, this is an issue with your network. Please contact your mobile provider to address the issue.
As a workaround, please modify your date and time settings and correct your time zone manually. Note: this is different than the actual time. Make sure the correct time zone for your location is selected.
To configure your time zone manually, please follow these steps for your phone:
- Android: Go to Android Settings > Date and Time > Select time zone
- BlackBerry: Go to Options > Display > Date and Time
- iPhone: Go to iPhone Settings > General > Date and Time
- Nokia S40: Go to Menu > Settings > Date and Time
- Nokia S60: Go to Menu > Settings > General > Date and Time
- Windows Phone: Go to Settings > system > date + time
If you do not know your time zone, you can use this website to find out:
WhatsApp Support Team